Cooking Center Recipes

Thursday, August 14, 2014

MONDAY AUG. 18th/TUESDAY AUG. 19th - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

I am feeling very excited for the first days of school and I hope you and your child are as well.  I have been working diligently to make our classroom full of fun!
It is my prayer your child will come the first day of school so excited to play he will forget all about you being gone :)  Although I know there will be a few tears, I also know that all of the children will quickly get used to parents leaving, knowing they will be back soon.  In this learning process, I will provide many hugs and reassurances that parents are coming back and she can have a really fun time until their return.
We will begin our year with the study: ALL ABOUT ME during this study we will begin to explore: what do the children look like? What color eyes/hair/skin do you have? What are their favorite colors, toys, animals, songs?  This will also give me a chance to really get to know all the children.  We record this through the construction of "ME BOOKS" about themselves.  It will be fun to see how they are able to express themselves and how they perceive themselves (it is always fun to compare drawings at the end of the year).

In order to help make our first day run smoothly REMEMBER: 
  *Parent Helpers ARRIVE ON TIME
  *Bring a Backpack with at least 1 set of extra clothes 
  *A Stack of Diapers and a pack of wipes, if needed (you may bring a small bag of diapers marked with your child's name and I can store until needed)
  *Upon arrival, settle your child in an activity: playdough, read a book, coloring, etc.; Give hugs and tell them you will be back soon (Don't sneak out)!  

Your child may cry (and/or you may cry), most likely only until you are out of sight, then they will be playing and having a fun day!  

I look forward to seeing you Monday or Tuesday!  
Ms. Mari 




No comments:

Post a Comment