Cooking Center Recipes

Monday, May 26, 2014

End of Year Already?!

What? Yes, it is the end of the year and I always myself being reflective.  What have we accomplished?  Is there anything I wanted to accomplish and didn't? What was my best joy of the year?  Well, I have to say as I look back on those frightened, chubby little faces, some of whom couldn't even communicate their needs others maybe a little too strongly, and see how far they have come I get a little teary eyed.  I am so proud of all of the children and you as their parents who work alongside them to build them into strong young men and women someday (all too soon, I might add).
This week we will be preparing for our Spring Sing that takes place this Friday @6 pm.  We will be singing "Octopus" AKA "Slippery Fish" and "Tiny Turtle".   In my experience some children will NOT be comfortable in front of all those people;  please do not force your child if he is not willing.  I will do my best to prepare them and make it fun.  Dress your child in Hawaiian Beach style clothing if you happen to have on hand.
Look for Sign Up Sheets for our End of Year Celebration Breakfast that will take place on Tues/Wed June 3rd & 4th @ 9:15 am.  All families are welcome to stay and join us for the food and celebration.  Schedule is as follows:
8:30 Class begins
9:15 Breakfast (this will be our snack time)
9:45 Children will sing and then receive Certificates
10:05 Open Centers (Run by parents as usual)
11:40 Clean Up - End day
11:50 Circle Time
12:00 End of Day

THEN Last Days of School are on Thurs. June 5th and Friday June 6th.  It will be Fun in the Sun Water Play.  PLEASE - dress your child in a ONE PIECE swimsuit with clothing/cover up on top and a towel. Please apply SUNSCREEN before school as we are not allowed to apply without special permission slip.  Send your child with 10 FILLED water balloons.   Kona Ice truck will be present for a special treat (Yummmm).

It is going to be a fun filled 2 weeks!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Mrs. Mari, I'm an interested parent (not yet enrolled in the school). When does your fall program start up again? I'd like to learn more about enrollment. (I also just sent an official email through the website) -Thanks!

    ReplyDelete